Goa - A Best and Popular Destination in India | Beaches in Goa
Located on the coast of the Arabian Sea, Goa is a tiny state in the western part of India. Famous for its picture-perfect and popular destination in India especially for beaches, delicious food, and wonderful architecture, Goa is a land of mixed cultural heritage. Panaji, the capital city of Goa lies in the center of the state and is well connected to other cities of the state and the world. The Portuguese have ruled sharing borders with the states of Maharashtra and Karnataka, Goa for many decades. From being part of the Maurya Empire in the 3rd century to being taken over by the Portuguese in 1510, the state was ruled by many great Indian kings who established a strong culture that is still evident.
After Indian Independence in 1947, the Portuguese refused to hand over the state to the Indian government. In 1961, Operation Vijay conducted by the Indian Army led to the annexation of Goa along with the islands of Daman and Diu into the Indian union. The rich, fertile soil of Goa is perfect for agriculture. It is no wonder we see such lush greenery in the state. The tropical climate makes it a favorite travel destination almost throughout the year. Even during the hottest month of May, we can see thousands of tourists enjoying scuba diving and parasailing in Goa, among other water sports.
Goa is a land of World Heritage Sites. The ancient structures are mesmerizing and compete with the natural beauty of the waterfalls, hills, and vast beaches. While North Goa is famous for its lively beaches, South Goa is gaining popularity for its serenity. People who thrive among the crowds prefer to visit the beaches in North Goa. Those who love adventures and want to rejuvenate in relative peace explore places like Palolem and Agonda in South Goa.
- How to reach Goa? By road way, Panaji and Madgaon are main bus depot in Goa. The main railway stations in Goa are Madgaon, Vasco and Thivim where most of the trains have stop. The Dabolim International Airport that connects Goa to international cities which is approximately 4 kms from Vasco and 30kms from Panaji city. read more
- Which is the best time to visit in Goa? Winter and Summer is the best time to visit Goa. Season in Goa starts in November and ends in May last week. Most of the tourists visit Goa in winter because the weather in Goa is sunny & clear with a cool breeze blowing along the beaches in goa. read more
- What are the things to do in Goa? Goa is famous for thrill creating beach activities like water sports, Scuba Diving, Parasailing. One can enjoy by life time experience of cruise suffer, Night life on casino, partying on boat, visit to Dudhsagar waterfalls, Sailing, Fishing, Cycling, river Rafting, trek and many more
- Which are the top ten places to visit in Goa? Goa is famous for its clean and active beaches. Its also famous for its unique culture. Following are some top places in Goa which you don't miss. 1. Panajim Market
- How many days are enough to stay for Goa? Here we are trying to give the best itinerary for Goa. Either you decide to stay for 2 days or 3 days in Goa. This itinerary is perfect one by referring which you not missing any top 10 destinations in Goa. read more
3. Calangut beach Read more